Disadvantages of Traditional Pig Breeding in China
The U.S. model's positioning bar feeding system has always been recognized by most pig farms because of its timed, quantitative, small footprint, and ease of management, thus occuping a dominant position in China's pig farming model. However, in the process of its wide application, the drawbacks have gradually emerged. Firstly, the positioning system of the feeding system greatly limited the sow's movement, resulting in a significant reduction in the sow's motor function in the long-term inactive state, and the problems of physical weakness, difficulty in the upper bed, and a large proportion of dystocia. The decline in sow’s physical fitness led to an increase in the proportion of limb and foot disease, the weak piglets produced, the proportion of stillbirths, and the elimination rate of sows, and the number of sows used by the sow in the positioning pen Reducing one or more births has a significant impact on the number of births in which sows have only five or six children. According to statistics, the elimination rate of sows on farms in China and the United States is 35-40%. The narrow space also causes the left, right, and lower regions of the sow's body to be unable to dissipate heat, which is a significant hazard to sows and labor sows within one month of mating. Plus, the positioning bars are long troughs. After the pigs drink water, the missing water flows in the trough. Various shortcomings indicate that the US-style positioning bar feeding system is not suitable for sow breeding, and we urgently need a new way of feeding to change this situation.
The birth of domestic automatic pig farm feeding system
In May of 2010, through the digestion and absorption of European products, Jianyong Technology, after one year of research and development, has created the “Automatic Feeding System for Pig Farms”, which is superior to the similar products of foreign countries and is more intimately used
1. Principle of automatic pig farm feeding system
The automatic pig farm feeding system consists of seven parts: sow feeding station, fat pig feeder, piglet feeder, estrus identification system, automatic separation system, remote management system, and pig farm ERP management software.
(1) Sow Feeding Station: The automatic sow feeding system prepares a unique electronic ear tag for each sow, just like a person's identity card, allowing the system to be uniformly managed. Each monomer feed station guarantees 50 sows' feed intake. When the sows enter the feed station, the station door is automatically locked, the outside pigs will not be able to enter, and the detector identifies each pig with an electronic ear tag. Feeder feeds each sow with accurate and appropriate feed based on different feeding information for each sow in the computer. In addition, the amount of food eaten by each sow per day is limited. When the sow has consumed the amount of feed on the day, the feeder will not reload even if it enters the feeding station. Inside each feeding station, "anti-lying rods" were designed to prevent the sows from lying on their backs after they were full. After the sows in the station have finished eating and leave the feeding station, the door lock is automatically opened and the next pig can enter the feeding.
(2) Feeder for pigs: Multi-station design, free access to food to reduce staff management, save feed, promote growth of pigs, and reduce slaughter time.
(3) Piglet feeder: According to the digestive function and growth characteristics of piglets, the feeding pattern of eating less and more meals is designed to ensure accurate feed feeding, more professional feeding, and healthier growth.
(4) Estrus Appraisal System: The system can automatically detect whether the sow in the pig house has entered the estrus period and feed back the data to the computer in time. When it is judged that the sow has entered the estrus, the sow has finished entering the channel, The automatic separator will separate the sow into a small circle and wait for breeding.
(5) Automated Separation System: The system can separate the onset, estrus, pregnancy, labor or immunization, missing ear tags according to the identified reports of body temperature, feeding, and heat, so that appropriate treatment can be taken in time.
(6) Remote management system: Remote video observation, diagnosis, and analysis can be implemented for pigs through system software modules, sensors, and the Internet.
(7) Farm ERP management software: This software not only automatically records information on daily feed intake, epidemic prevention, estrus, fattening, and buying and selling of each pig, but also provides financial management of the whole farm and “intake, sales and deposit” of materials. Management, so that the farm management in one step.
2. Advantages of automatic pig farm feeding system
The advantages of the application of automatic pig farm feeding system in pig farm mainly include the following points:
(1) It not only breaks the limitation of feeding the positioning bar, but also realizes the precise feeding of the monomer in the group raising sow. Each sow can flexibly feed according to its own situation, and avoids the struggle between individuals. The new concept of group feeding single feed.
(2) The system takes the place of manual estrus determination, automatic separation, and epidemic prevention, allowing pig farm management to be timely and effortless.
(3) In the free-range mode, the sow is guaranteed to exercise in a proper amount and the body is healthier. The birth weight and survival rate of the piglets produced are significantly increased, the elimination rate of the sows is reduced, and the economic benefits are more considerable.
(4) The system provides remote management so that the administrator can view the information and current activity status of the herd at any time and anywhere.
(5) The unique pig farm ERP management software provides a comprehensive monitoring of the aquaculture process, which automatically analyzes the aquaculture effects, provides cost accounting and financial interfaces, allows the entire breeding process to be traced, and supervision is more intelligent.
(6) With an intimate design of the 80W operating power, the battery can drive the entire system, which consumes less power and is safe. It not only solves the problem of power outage but also avoids the risk of pigs getting electric shock.
(7) Domestic independent research and development breaks the bottleneck of high prices for similar foreign products, which greatly improves the applicability in domestic pig farms.
Future Pig Development Trend
According to statistics, as of the end of 2009, China had an annual output of more than 10,000 large-scale pig farms with a total size of 2,000 or so, and its slaughter volume accounted for about 7-8% of the country's total annual slaughter output (660 million). It is estimated that in the next five years, the pig slaughter rate on large-scale pig farms will increase by 2-3 percentage points, and by 2015, this proportion will reach about 20%. Large-scale swine instead of retail, intelligent management instead of manual operations, this is the general trend, this trend will be faster in the next five years. In addition, as stipulated in the European New Food Law, which was enacted in 2008, it requires the implementation of comprehensive management and responsibility traceability of the food supply chain (ie, from farm to table), and problem foods will be recalled. This provision means that agricultural products exported to the EU must not only comply with EU food safety related standards, but also enlarge the food safety management chain. In particular, the "treat to animals" welfare clause specifically stipulated stipulates that it is forbidden to raise sows with a positioning bar, and raises higher requirements for live pig raising enterprises, thereby laying a foundation for intelligent feeding that cannot be ignored in the future development of pig raising.