1: What is NFC?
NFC is near field communication and is a short-distance data transmission technology. The combination of inductive readers, inductive cards and point-to-point functions on a single chip using NFC near field communication technology enables identification and data exchange with compatible devices over short distances. In addition, NFC has both active and passive read modes.
In fact, the items that use NFC technology exist in our lives. Bus cards, access cards, credit cards and POS machines that support flash payment, and new train tickets are actually products of NFC technology.
2: Which bank cards can be read?
After the NFC function is enabled on the mobile phone, the bank card can be read immediately on the back of the mobile phone without entering a password and any other operations. Bank cards that can be read by NFC mobile phones are IC chip bank cards, which have bank cards with IC card chips, and generally have a flash payment mark.
3: What information can I read?
If the chip bank card is read by an unauthorized person using an NFC mobile phone, the bank card number, ID card number, last 10 consumer bills, and mobile wallet balance may be read. This part of the information belongs to personal privacy, but this information does not directly lead to the theft of bank card funds.
Although the NFC function can read the card number and recent transaction records, it cannot be transferred externally. After reading the information, the display can “open fast payment”, but since the fast payment is opened, only the real name account and the bank card belong to the same person, so there is no need to worry that your bank card is bound by someone else's account.
4: What conditions do you need to read the information?
After testing, it is found that reading the chip bank card information, in addition to the mobile phone needs to support the NFC function, it is also necessary to install and use the corresponding software on the mobile phone, such as mobile phone Alipay. The reading information of the NFC mobile phone is extremely sensitive to the distance, and the probability of reading more than 5 cm is greatly reduced. Even in a crowded subway, a strange mobile phone needs to change various positions and angles to read your bank card, which is much more difficult than stealing a wallet. Therefore, netizens do not have to worry too much about this.
5: Can the virus card read the bank card information in a large area?
Some people are worried that some cottage payment software or mobile phone programs that use viruses can use the NFC function to read bank card information. It can only be said that this is theoretically possible, and it is not necessary.
Still not assured?
According to communication experts, for the time being, many smart phones in the Chinese market support NFC technology applications, but they only stay in the scope of the query, and there is no password or actual transaction. However, the Drum Tower Police still wants to remind everyone to pay attention to the relevant precautions, because credit card information is also a very important part of personal privacy information.
1. Keep your credit card in a safe place and put it in a deep position on the inside of the wallet and school bag, which can effectively hinder NFC recognition. When using a credit card, don't get out of your sight.
2. Smartphone users should pay attention to mobile phone security, try to download NFC payment applications through the safe and reliable software market, and regularly scan and disinfect mobile phones to detect possible virus Trojans and malware.
3. When entering the credit card password, pay attention to block it by hand. Especially when using a credit card on a POS machine in a public place, you need to remember to use your password. Don't feel embarrassed and ignore the security of the card.
4. Try to open the account change SMS prompt.
5. Keep your mobile phone with credit card information in a safe place. If the mobile phone is lost or stolen, contact the bank at the first time to unbind and report the credit card bound to the mobile phone.