With the popularization of the Internet of Things concept, people are more interested in using RFID electronic tags to manage fixed assets. Generally speaking, a complete set of solutions includes RFID fixed asset management systems, RFID printers, RFID tags, RFID readers, etc. As an important component, if there is any problem with the RFID electronic tag, it will affect the entire system.
Reasons why RFID electronic tags cannot be read
1. The RFID electronic tag is damaged
There are chips and antennas in RFID electronic tags. If the chips are pressed by external force or high static electricity, they may fail. Antenna, if the RFID signal receives the antenna damage will cause failure. Therefore, the RFID electronic tag cannot be damaged or torn by pressure. Generally, highly demanding RFID electronic tags will be packed in plastic cards to avoid damage from external forces.
2. There are interference objects
RFID electronic tags cannot pass through metal. When the tag is blocked by metal, it will affect the reading distance of the RFID counting machine, or even fail to read at all. At the same time, it is difficult for the radio frequency information of RFID electronic tags to penetrate water. If blocked by water, the sensing distance will also be limited. In general, the signal of the RFID tag can penetrate non-metallic or non-transparent materials such as paper, wood, and plastic, and can perform penetrating communication. If the use scene is special, you need to customize the anti-metal tag or other characteristics of the electronic tag, such as high temperature resistance, waterproof, etc.
3. The reading distance is too far
RFID electronic tags are based on different manufacturing processes, different application environments, different RFID readers, and different reading distances. If the reading distance is too far, the reading effect will be affected.
Factors affecting the reading distance of RFID electronic tags
1. It is related to the radio frequency power of the RFID reader. If the radio frequency power is small, the reading distance will be close. On the contrary, if the power is high, the reading distance will be far;
2. It is related to the gain of the RFID reader antenna, the gain of the reader antenna is small, the reading distance is close, anyway, the gain is high and the reading distance is long;
3. It is related to the degree of coordination between the RFID tag and the antenna polarization direction and the relative angle. The direction is consistent and the degree of coordination is high, and the reading and writing distance is far. On the contrary, if it does not cooperate, the reading distance is short;
4. It is related to the unit attenuation of the feeder. The larger the attenuation, the closer the reading distance, otherwise, the smaller the attenuation and the longer the reading distance;
5. It is related to the total length of the feeder connecting the reader and the antenna. The longer the feeder, the shorter the reading and writing distance. On the contrary, the shorter the feeder and the longer the reading distance.