In the jewellery industry, there is the problem of exclusive counters inventory of specialty stores. As the jewelry industry, products that are sold every day are jewellery of relatively high value. It is very important for the daily inventory of goods, and the inventory of goods is essential. , Can understand the sales of various products in time, help to complete the company's digital analysis of the market acceptance of various types of products, but also can check the number of jewelry, reduce product loss, management errors and other issues. However, the current jewellery inventory work is basically done through manual operations. The jewellery products have a small volume and a large number of actual situations. A large number of products are inventoried by a small number of sales personnel, which results in a huge actual cost of inventory. According to statistics, an ordinary jewellery shop takes inventory of products in stores and takes an average of five hours. The problem of inventory efficiency has led to the inability of individual jewelry stores to inventory products daily or weekly. In response to the above problems, Guangzhou Ruifengde Technology Co., Ltd. has launched a set of technology solutions based on RFID technology for inventorying and managing bead plates.
With the rapid development and application of RFID technology, the RFID electronic and information management of jewelry is an important means to strengthen inventory management, sales management, and improve management efficiency. The e-commerce and informationization of jewelry management will significantly improve the efficiency of jewelry companies (taking inventory, point warehouses, exporting and storage), reduce theft rate, increase the turnover rate of funds, enhance corporate image, and provide more effective advertising, VIP customer management and other services. Value-added services.
First, RFID technology suitable for jewelry management
The frequency identification coverage of RFID identification technology is very wide, and the application frequency is applicable from low frequency, high frequency, UHF UHF high frequency of 915MHz, and 2.45GHz, 5.8GHz microwave. The recognition distance ranges from a few centimeters to several meters and its price varies. Specific applications for the jewellery industry, jewellery inventory management, etc., can be used HF high-frequency or UHF UHF programs: Tags using 13.56MHZ HF-band tags in accordance with ISO15693 standard with 2KB capacity, non-recoverable or recyclable; or It is a UHF band tag with 860 - 960 MHz MHZ with 96Bits capacity that complies with the EPCclass1 Gen2 standard. The tag is not recyclable or recyclable.
Second, system composition
The system is composed of RFID electronic tags, electronic tag issuing devices, on-site inventory reading and writing devices, computer, control and system management software, and related network linking devices and network data interfaces.
Third, RFID equipment selection
1. The integration of the hardware system of RFID jewelry management system (the key is the choice of reader/writer). According to the actual application requirements of the current jewelry store, the customer makes the following requirements for the required reader/writer:
(1) Fixed readers: High power, good anti-collision performance, low power consumption, fast reading speed and stability.
(2) Handheld: Read and write speeds are fast and stable for jewelry quotes.
(3) Desktop reader-writer: used for electronic tag data entry and acquisition.
(4) Jewelry safety should be guaranteed.
(5) Inventory management should be effective and timely.
(6) All readers need to be reasonably priced.
Forth, instance operation
In order to further improve safety measures, a well-known foreign jewellery manufacturer adopted RFID equipment in its stores and warehouses, and combined it with the company’s original ERP system, achieving very good management results.
(1) In the management of one-piece jewelry: Each item of jewelry is equipped with an RFID tag, and key information such as the material and weight of the piece of jewelry is previously recorded in the tag.
(2) Employee management: Each employee is issued an employee card to record employee behavior in the main server and ensure that the employee does not trigger an alarm when touching jewelry.
(3) Jewelry display: According to the actual situation of the site, RFID antennas are arranged in various exhibition areas such as original showcases, display trays, and display shelves. For example, an employee needs to put jewelry in a display tray for viewing by the customer. The jewelry can be taken out of the RFID smart display cabinet and placed in the RFID smart display tray for a one-minute display. An antenna mounted in the center of the smart display tray will monitor the tray before it is returned to the smart display cabinet. Once the jewels have left the safe area, an alarm will be triggered to remind the central management personnel, showcase staff and security guards to immediately focus on the problematic area.
(4) During operations such as sales, transfer, delivery or safe replenishment: If the operation is not performed according to the normal procedures set in advance, the jewelry label or employee’s badge is not registered in the corresponding RFID intelligent management link, then any Unusual jewelry handling will trigger an alert.
(5) At the end of each day of business, when inventorying, the RFID inventory management program for jewellery management applications will be enabled: Employees place each jewellery first on a smart inventory table equipped with RFID devices, which is carried out by RFID devices. Automatic identification to confirm the specific number and condition of each jewellery, each jewel that completes the registration record is placed in the safe by the clerk. The system ensures that the goods have been returned to the safe through a dedicated RFID smart antenna installed in front of the safe door, and confirms that the jewelry transfer is completed before the safe door is closed and the system is cut off. At the same time, employees who perform specific operations must also brush their own personal employee card to ensure that the responsibility is fulfilled.
(6) Humane care for VIP customers to improve customer satisfaction.
(7) The asset tracking application can also monitor other services such as transfer and delivery of goods between stores and customer returns through RFID read-write equipment.